The Haines Holiday Lighting contest was created to brighten up our community with the spirit and joy of Christmas. Due to road conditions and limited access to entries, we have decided to cancel our contest and donate the prize winnings to local relief efforts. We encourage you to continue your efforts to brighten our community and to donate as well if you can, here is a link for several ways you can help: @HainesDisasterRelief | Linktree
HAINES HOLIDAY LIGHTS CONTEST
The competition is divided into 3 categories with the following prizes:
1. $250 – Best Storefront
2. $250 – Best Boat (Haines Harbor)
3. 1st Place Residential: 7 Night Caribbean Cruise for two!
2nd Place Residential: $200 Cash
3rd Place Residential: $50 Cash
PLUS, all lighting participants will be entered into a raffle with a cash prize drawing of $250!
1. Participation is open to all Haines residents and businesses, including locations outside the townsite as long as the display is visible from a Borough or State ploughed road.
2. Entry is free, no cost or fees apply
3. Entry applications to compete in this contest must be received no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, December 4th. Entry forms can be found online (below this text) and outside of the Chamber office located in the Gateway Building, Suite #14.
4. Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from outside the residence, storefront, and boat only.
5. Participants are not required to be present, however, the display must be operational from 5:00 PM until 10:00 PM starting on Friday, December 11th ending on Thursday, December 17th. During this time judging will take place by Haines residents. Judge forms can be found on the Chamber website and outside of the Chamber office located at the Gateway Building, Suite #14. Judge forms must be received no later than Friday, December 18th at 10:00 AM. Forms can be submitted online or slid under the Chamber office door. Only 1 judge form per household will be accepted.
6. Winners will be notified on Friday, December 18th.