Board of Directors Declaration of Candidacy
Please fill out the form below or download a printable PDF of the application form (PDF)
Board Member Position Description
1. Attend weekly luncheon meetings to hear programs and speakers, greet new members and encourage ongoing attendance and participation of current members.
2. Attend Board meetings (approximately 1 1/2 hours) usually held on the third Friday of each month at 9:00 a.m. (unless otherwise determined), to consider, advise and act upon business before the Board. Advance notice of absences is required.
3. Participate on task force committees by attending meetings, creating and executing ideas with the approval of the Board of Directors. Task Force Committees may consist of Business Education, Economic Development, July 4th, and Membership;
4. Encourage potential members to join and participate in Chamber functions;
5. Attend as many of the Chamber’s functions as possible to ensure good visibility of the Board and interaction with the membership. This includes attendance at monthly general meetings/luncheons, Annual Banquet, and special meetings.
The mission of the Greater Haines Chamber of Commerce is to promote economic growth that contributes to the local quality of life by:
- Advocating the interests of its membership to the community and government organizations.
- Facilitating cooperative programs that provide the resources necessary for business.